The Donegal Virtual Academy (DVA) is a partnership with Lancaster-Lebanon IU13’s Virtual Solutions program. DVA offers families the benefit of remaining a Donegal School District student, while completing his/her education in a virtual setting.
For more information about the program:
Contact Mr. Andrew Sparmblack, Supervisor of Personalized Learning. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (717) 928-2902 If your child has specialized learning needs or an individual education plan (IEP), please contact the Director of Special Education and Pupil Services, Mrs. Dana Blair. Email: email@example.com Phone: (717) 492-1313
Benefits of Enrolling in DVA
Students remain enrolled in the Donegal School District. This allows students to earn a Donegal School District diploma and the ability to seamlessly participate in extracurricular activities and athletics.
Flexible learning options and student monitoring: The learning program and curriculum are adapted to fit student needs. Parents/Guardians are provided access to monitor their student’s performance.
Highly engaging curriculum: The online curriculum is state-of-the-art and designed to be engaging while targeting multiple learning styles. Additionally, students can select from a wide variety of courses and electives to best meet academic needs.
Proven methods with innovative techniques: DVA is backed by EdisonLearning, Accelerate Learning, E-Dynamic, OdysseyWare and Apex Learning, with years of proven results and innovation in education.
All students will receive a computer for use in DVA.
The ability to schedule Zoom tutoring sessions with a DVA teacher (this is not a DSD teacher).
Transfer easily between in-person learning at DSD and virtual learning in DVA, should a student desire to change where he/she is educated.
How do I enroll in DVA?
If your child is a current Donegal School District student, please contact the school counselor or principal of your child's school.
If you are new to or are transferring to Donegal School District, please contact the District Registrar, Allison Viechnicki at (717) 492-1338 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your child has specialized learning needs or has an individualized education plan (IEP), please contact the Director of Special Education and Pupil Services, Dana Blair, at (717) 492-1313 or email@example.com.
Options for Every Learner
- Full-time cyber school for students at any level
- Creation of a personalized learning plan
- Unique courses from which to select
- Option for half-day vocational or technical school students
- Choice for students with disabilities who are able to be served in an online environment
- Flexible schedules for students with jobs, family obligations, or children. *Please be aware that parents of younger children will likely need to support their child with online learning.
- Instruction for students with extended health issues who may miss significant class time
- A single, sign-on platform with detailed views of student data