"The Pennsylvania Standards Aligned System is a collaborative product of research and good practice that identifies six distinct elements which, if utilized together, will provide schools and districts a common framework for continuous school and district enhancement and improvement. Much research has been conducted as to what makes a great school. There are many intangible components; however, research supports the notion that great schools and school systems tend to have six common elements that ensure Student Achievement: Clear Standards, Fair Assessments, Curriculum Framework, Instruction, Materials & Resources, and Interventions." ~ from www.pdesas.org
- SAS Standards Aligned System ~ This PDE video introduces the goals and philosophy of the program
- Creating a SAS Account ~ A short video illustrating the steps to creating your teacher account. You need an account to use the full range of resources on the site.
- Standards by grade or grade range allows you to focus in on a grade or a range, and drills down automatically to anchors and eligible content where appropriate
- Materials by grade and subject area allows you to find a variety of standards-linked materials, or search for a single type of resource such as Assessment, or Lesson/Unit Plan
- Keystone Exams
- SAS Portal Help Desk ~ The FAQ page answers general questions. The Training Materials sections includes information about how to create an account, use the teacher tools, and utilize each of the six areas of SAS